- 1-2 Fresh beets peeled, halved and sliced
- 1-2 Handful of fresh okra (washed)
- 1-2 Tablespoon kimchi or sauerkraut (homemade preferable)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Liquid amino to taste (optional if NOT on a low sodium diet)
- Tabasco or any chili seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon olive or coconut oil or softened goat’s milk butter
- 1 Cup (per serving) cooked jasmine or basmati rice or quinoa (if on low carb diet)
Putting it together:
Place sliced beets and okra into a steamer (with about 1/2 inch of water on bottom of pan) and cover. Steam on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes or until beets are tender. Place cooked rice or quinoa into a medium-sized bowl and drizzle olive or coconut oil or place the butter on the rice. Season with liquid amino (optional) and toss lightly to mix. Place slices of beet and okra on top of the rice and squeeze some lemon juice onto the veggies. Garnish with Tabasco/chili seasoning and kimchi or sauerkraut. Refrigerate leftover veggies in air-tight containers for re-steaming later.
Enjoy with a cup of naturally un-caffeinated mint or ginger tea.