- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- 1 tsp dried or chopped fresh herbs (basil, oregano, scallion, parsley, chives, etc.)
- A few drops of agave, honey or Stevia
- Optional: 1 clove crushed, chopped garlic
Put all ingredients into a glass jar and shake until blended; or put into a small bowl and stir with a fork until blended. Use in a salad (mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers, mushrooms, sprouts, red onions, sunflower seeds or slivered almonds, raisins or dried cranberries, fresh orange sections, fresh herbs, etc.) or as a dip or dressing on top of steamed or microwaved asparagus or raw veggies. Guaranteed to be better tasting than the store-bought dressings, and much healthier. Keeps in the refrigerator for up to a month (or longer). Olive oil may harden when refrigerated, so get it to room temperature before serving. You can speed up “melting” by putting the jar into a warm or hot water bath.