- Handful of ice cubes
- 1/2 frozen banana (peeled)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries or any other berry
- 1/2 ripe avocado (peeled) and/or
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted almonds or 1 Tbsp almond or cashew butter
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds (thickener)
- Handful or two of any leafy greens (kale, spinach, beet greens, swiss chards, etc.)
- Water to cover 3/4 content (or to desired consistency).
Putting it together:
Blend well in a high speed blender. Pour into glass (or jar if to go), and drink with a straw. Serves 2.
Contains water, fiber, minerals, electrolytes (especially potassium*), vitamins and antioxidants, omega 3 FAs, and protein. No need for addition of juices, milk or protein powder.
*Not for those on a low potassium diet, such as those on dialysis or certain drugs like angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEI) or angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARB). Check with your physician if you are on these medicines.
I am getting results. It is simple to make and very filling. After drinking I do feel energetic and it makes for a better walk for me, each morning.
It’s a great way to start your morning. It’s delicious. I like that it fills me up till lunch time. Definitely a meal replacer. Thank you !